- FLY FREE*.
- 14 day journey departing Ho Chi Minh City.
- 3 nights accommodation at the Park Hyatt Saigon.
- 3 nights accommodation at the Hotel Sofitel Angkor.
- 7 night Mekong River cruise aboard the RV AmaMekong .
- 35 meals of the finest dining and complimentary beverages served on your cruise.
- All-inclusive sightseeing in up to 12 destinations APT's Freedom of Choice Inclusions in three locations Everything as detailed, including gratuities and onboard entertainment.
- Join Luke for a tour of Old Saigon and meet his extended family.
- Enjoy a cooking class led by Luke at his cooking studio GRAIN by Luke Nguyen in Ho Chi Minh City.
- At Luke Nguyen's Vietnam House, enjoy an authentic degustation dinner with matching wines.
- In Ho Chi Minh City, enjoy dinner at a restaurant personally recommended by Luke.
- On your ship, savour a three-course dinner designed by Luke.
- Join a 'Get to Know Luke' session onboard your river ship.
Airfares are additional and can be arranged by your Travel Associates Adviser to suit your travel plans.
Embark on a 14-day journey with APT Ambassador and celebrity chef, Luke Nguyen, and experience Vietnam through his eyes. Accompanying you through Ho Chi Minh City and part of your river cruise, what will truly shine is Luke's passion and flair for his homeland's cuisine.
Day 01: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City
Upon arrival, be met and transferred to your luxury hotel to begin your exciting journey. D
Three Nights: Ho Chi Minh City, Park Hyatt Saigon.
Day 02: Ho Chi Minh City
Meet APT Ambassador Luke Nguyen this morning. He'll then guide you through the bustling streets of Old Saigon where you'll wander the atmospheric neighbourhoods. Dodge swarms of motorbikes as they whirl amid the bustling streets. Watch families tending to their bottomless pots of steaming broth. Pass hawkers touting their tasty homemade treats, and observe throngs of locals slurping soup and noodles at roadside stalls. During the walk, you'll also visit the area in which Luke's parents grew up and meet his extended family of aunties and uncles. Next, enjoy an exclusive cooking class with Luke at his culinary school, GRAIN by Luke Nguyen, where you'll learn how to prepare some of his favourite Vietnamese dishes. Later tonight, head to Luke's own restaurant Vietnam House, for a special dinner menu created by Luke Nguyen. BLD
Day 03: Ho Chi Minh City, Long Tan or Cu Chi Tunnels
Perhaps journey to Ba Ria and learn about the Battle of Long Tan. Afterwards, attend a memorial service at Long Tan Cross.
Alternatively, visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, an incredible tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters during the war. Back in Ho Chi Minh City, enjoy dinner at a restaurant personally selected by Luke. BLD
Day 04: Ho Chi Minh City, My Tho, Embark Ship
You can choose a walking discovery of Ho Chi Minh City, taking in the charming French colonial architecture as you visit the Reunification Palace and the Central Post Office. You might like to jump on the back of a motorbike and tour the city or visit the Ky Long Art Villa to learn the techniques of Vietnamese lacquer art and see active artist workshops. Alternatively, join a shopping expedition. Later, transfer to My Tho to embark your luxury river ship. Tonight, there's no better dining experience than sitting down to an exclusive Luke Nguyen Vietnamese dinner. BLD
Seven Nights: Mekong River, RV AmaMekong.
Day 05: Cai Be, Sa Dec
A local boat will take you to Cai Be today. Step ashore to visit the French Gothic cathedral and colourful port area, which is filled with colonial buildings and delightful flower gardens. Afterwards, visit a rice paper manufacturer then enjoy lunch back onboard as you cruise to Sa Dec. On arrival, tour Huynh Thuy Le's old house and learn the story behind Marguerite Duras' best-selling novel, The Lover. Later, visit a colourful Cao Dai temple, watching visitors and pilgrims come and go as they worship and appreciate the artistry of the building. BLD
Day 06: Tan Chau, Evergreen Island, Border Crossing
After breakfast on your ship, disembark and transfer to a small boat for a journey along the tiny tributaries that snake around Tan Chau. Cruise past a floating fish farm, then step ashore for a discovery by rickshaw. Ride past shops, rice wine rooms and friendly locals eager to say hello. Later, step back in time during a visit to an evergreen island as you observe traditional rural Mekong life. This afternoon, take part in an exclusive 'Get to Know Luke' session, where APT's Ambassador and celebrity chef will discuss fascinating details of his background and passion for food. Cross into Cambodia towards the capital of Phnom Penh and enjoy a delicious dinner later this evening. BLD
Day 07: Phnom Penh
Perhaps experience Cambodia's sobering history with a visit to the Killing Fields. After, see the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. Or, explore Phnom Penh through one of the other Freedom of Choice activities available. BLD
Day 08: Oudong, Koh Chen, Oknha Tey
In Oudong, Cambodia's former royal capital, join a Buddhist blessing experience with local monks. Return via Koh Chen village and perhaps visit local copperware workshops. Back onboard, cruise to Oknha Tey, known for its silk weaving traditions. BLD
Day 09: Angkor Ban
Enjoy a walking discovery of ancient Angkor Ban today. Here, people still live in traditional wooden homes and keep ancient cultural traditions alive. BLD
Day 10: Kampong Cham, Koh Pen
Perhaps take an active walk to the hilltop pagoda of Wat Hanchey. Lunch is back onboard before taking a tuk tuk to explore the island of Koh Pen with its local farming culture. On your ship, enjoy a farewell dinner. BLD
Day 11: Kampong Cham, Disembark Ship, Siem Reap
Disembark at Kampong Cham and transfer to Siem Reap. Then, head to World Heritage listed Angkor Archaeological Park to visit Angkor Thom and the 12th-century temple, Bayon. Tonight, choose where to dine. BLD
Three Night Stay: Siem Reap, Hotel Sofitel Angkor.
Day 12: Siem Reap
Rise early and travel back to majestic Angkor Archaeological Park for a sunrise experience over Angkor Wat. Take a guided tour, before breakfast at your hotel. This afternoon, explore Ta Prohm Temple and visit 'Opportunities of Development thru Art' (ODA). B
Day 13: Siem Reap
Embark on your selected activity today. Tonight, take in an Apsara dance performance, before a memorable farewell dinner. BD
Day 14: Depart Siem Reap
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your onward flight. B
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Travel Associates cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Travel Associates travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Flights ex Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide If there airline booking class is unavailable surcharges may apply.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..