- FLY FREE*.
- 10 day journey departing Yangon.
- 7 night Mekong River cruise aboard the RV Samatha.
- 26meals of the finest dining and complimentary beverages served on your cruise.
- All-inclusive sightseeing in up to 10 destinations APT's Freedom of Choice Inclusions in two locations Everything as detailed, including gratuities and onboard entertainment.
- Signature Experiences Visit a street food market with Luke and learn about the local flavours.
- Indulge in a welcome dinner at the stylish Le Planteur restaurant.
- Join a 'Get to Know Luke' session onboard your river ship.
- Observe a stunning sunset over the stupas of World Heritage-listed Bagan at a special viewing tower, complete with FREE-flowing drinks and delicious canapes.
- Learn Luke's cooking secrets with a demonstration onboard your ship.
- Enjoy a sunset sampan cruise with a drink in hand as you watch local villagers and monks cross U-Bein Bridge.
Airfares are additional and can be arranged by your Travel Associates Adviser to suit your travel plans.
APT's Ambassador Luke Nguyen uncovers a special place where traditional ways of life remain. Gilded stupas and pagodas can be found at every turn, as are friendly locals showcasing their handicraft. However it's at sunset when Myanmar is at its best, not to mention the Asian fusion cuisine that awaits your taste buds.
Day 01: Arrive Yangon
Be met on arrival and transfer to your hotel. Get to know Luke Nguyen as he takes you on a street food culinary exploration though Yangon's downtown area to learn about the local ingredients. Tonight, enjoy dinner at your hotel. D
Two Nights: Yangon, Sule Shangri-la Hotel.
Day 02: Yangon
Take a short ferry ride to the rural village of Dala. Situated in the heart of Yangon, this village allows you to experience an authentic way of life for the local Burmese people. Hop on a trishaw, where your driver will take you to a candle-making workshop. You'll also see how the villagers make crafts by utilising materials from a recycling workshop. After lunch, perhaps delve further into the history of Yangon with a visit to the Secretariat Building. Alternatively, search for that perfect gift on a shopping tour that takes in the Bogyoke Markets. Later, the Shwedagon Pagoda awaits. Tonight, come together to share a special welcome dinner. Savour a gourmet menu at Le Planteur, housed within a heritage house dating back to 1902 on the bank of Inya Lake. BLD
Day 03: Yangon, Magwe, Embark Ship
Today your Irrawaddy River adventure begins. Board your included charter flight to Magwe, where you will be met on arrival and transferred to your floating hotel for the next seven nights. This afternoon, visit Myathalon Pagoda, located atop a hill overlooking the Irrawaddy River. Take in the views and explore the pagoda, constructed with thousands of solid gold bricks and home to numerous shrines devoted to nats (Buddhist spirits). On the riverbank you will also see a statue of General Aung San 'Bagyoke', founder of the modern Burmese army. You'll also visit a Buddhist nunnery before experiencing the lively downtown area. BLD
Seven Nights: Irrawaddy River, RV Samatha.
Day 04: Salay
As you cruise this morning, take part in an exclusive 'Get to Know Luke' session, where APT's ambassador will discuss fascinating details of his background and passion for food. Arrive in Salay, a religious village that boasts more than 50 monasteries. Visit Yoke Sone Kyaung. Built in 1882, it's the region's oldest surviving wooden monastery. Continue to Man Paya Pagoda, home to Myanmar's largest lacquer Buddha image dating back to the 13th century. BLD
Day 05: Bagan
This morning, capture your first glimpse of World Heritage-listed Bagan, with more than 2,200 sacred stupas, many dating as far back as the 11th and 13th centuries. Journey to New Bagan and experience a traditional elephant dance before visiting a lacquerware workshop. This afternoon, explore some of the stunning temples including the well-preserved Ananda Temple, affectionately known as the 'Westminster Abbey of Myanmar'. This afternoon, your day concludes at the viewing tower to observe sunset over Bagan. During this special experience, enjoy free-flowing drinks and delicious canapes. BLD
Day 06: Bagan, Pakokku
You have the option to experience a bird'seye view of the stunning plains of Bagan aboard a hot air balloon (own expense). Then, if you're feeling active, jump on your electric bicycle and journey through the archaeological wonders of Bagan. Alternatively, visit the most well-known pagoda in the area, the golden Shwezigon Pagoda, followed by a visit to the lively Nyaung U Market, which offers a great chance to mingle with the local people and learn about how they conduct their daily lives. After lunch onboard, travel to the village of Pakokku and explore local workshops including cheroot (cigar) and textiles, including the famous Burmese sarong - the longyi. BLD
Day 07: Yandabo
Cruising further upstream, see the amazing view of the confluence of the Irrawaddy and Chindwin rivers. Later in the afternoon, disembark in Yandabo, a village known for its fine terracotta wares. See a pottery-making demonstration by local artisans and gain a glimpse into village life. Back onboard, Luke will conduct a cooking demonstration, letting you in on his culinary secrets. BLD
Day 08: Sagaing, Mingun
Disembark in the former Royal capital of Sagaing, famous for its monasteries. Visit the gilded Soon U Ponya Shin Pagoda, where you can take in breathtaking views over Sagaing. Afterwards, visit a silversmith workshop where items such as jewellery, bowls, and Buddha images are made. Later, cruise to Mingun and explore the massive ruins of Pathodawgyi (Unfinished Pagoda). Afterwards, see the towering bronze bell, then continue to Myatheindan Pagoda. Tonight, enjoy an onboard cultural show from the Mandalay Fine Art School. BLD Day 09: Mandalay, Amarapura
On a Mandalay discovery, visit the Mahamuni Buddha, Shwenandaw Monastery, Kuthadaw Pagoda and attend a gold leaf workshop Later, travel to Amarapura and visit a silk workshop before arriving at U-Bein Bridge. Thought to be the world's oldest and longest teak-wood bridge, U-Bein spans 1.2 kilometres across Taungthaman Lake. Enjoy a sunset sampan cruise with a drink in hand as you watch local villagers and monks cross the bridge while the sun sinks behind them. BLD
Day 10: Disembark Ship, Mandalay, Depart Yangon
After breakfast, be transferred to the airport for your included flight to Yangon, where your journey concludes. B
Continue the Fun in Inle Lake Farewell Luke and step into the world of Inle Lake for a three-night stay, complete with golden Buddha images, ancient pagodas, local workshops and of course, the famous one-legged rowers.
Tour code: MARLN10.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Travel Associates cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Travel Associates travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Flights ex Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide If there airline booking class is unavailable surcharges may apply.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..