Come see Manhattan through the eyes of Kimpton Ink48 Hotel. Our Hell's Kitchen setting puts a distinct spin on your perspective, with Manhattan skyline and Hudson River vistas, farm-to-table cuisine, laid-back ambience and high design that blends grit with grace. When it comes to meetings and events, our Heaven Over Hell Penthouse Suite will unapologetically take your breath away.
Along with maximum comfort, you'll get a sense of cultural immersion into this irreverent neighbourhood. Meet local artists and authors during our evening wine hours. Walk to artisanal coffee shops, dance studios and Mexican grocers. Our special relationship with the non-profit Hartley House - serving over 1000 neighbourhood children, youth and seniors for nearly 120 years- speaks to our heart for Hell's Kitchen, and our desire to weave the Kimpton thread of social engagement into our surroundings. We think you'll feel the love.New York Craft Cocktail Tour.
Your NYC cocktail tour starts in Tompkins Square Park in the East Village, a site that's famed for being the gathering place for political radicals and socialists, as well as the city's immigrant poor an appropriate place to begin since so much of NYCs cocktail culture was invented by these very same people.
The East Village of New York was once an immigrant neighbourhood, but today is one of the prime nightlife districts of the city, with great restaurants, bars, and theatres and were taking you to discover the best local haunts and hidden corners. We'll start out at a drinking fountain dedicated by a temperance advocate who extolled the virtues of water over whiskey. But don't worry, were not going to listen to him. Instead, were taking you to visit three of New York City's best cocktail bars, where we'll sample drinks, meet the people behind the bars, and learn how their craft cocktails are made.
Along the way, you'll hear stories of how the modern cocktail came to be, how prohibition in America affected the bar scene, and how cocktails are enjoying a resurgence as a result of the craft distilling and cocktail movement. We'll keep the discussion going with visits to the sites of former speakeasies (hidden illegal bars that operated during the prohibition era) and share tales of the gangsters and politicians that kept the liquor flowing despite the 18th Amendment. We'll also swing by New York's premier wine and spirits store, Astor Wines, where our expert guides can help you pick out the perfect boozy souvenir to take home with you after the tour.
We'll show you what to look for when buying different spirits and will highlight the new local micro-distillers that have opened up over the last several years and are producing delicious whiskeys, rums, vodkas, and gins. In between stops you'll learn all about the East Village, its history, and what is happening there today, including where to eat, drink, and play.Neighbourhood Eats: Brownstone Brooklyn.
Discover the delicious mom-and-pop shops and restaurants of Brooklyn to experience how food is the engine of our local ecosystem. Brooklyn's Smith and Court Streets and surrounding neighbourhoods have a vibrant mix of small, locally-owned, artisanal food shops unlike almost any other neighbourhood in America. On this Brooklyn tour you will find out how these unique spots came to be, and with a local guide you'll discover just what it is that makes them special. We'll visit both old school haunts and new culinary entrepreneurs to experience an exciting menu of both traditional flavours and daring dishes. We'll stop into Italian and Middle Eastern shops that have long been the staple of the neighbourhood, and explore the growing scene of cafes and restaurants specializing in New American cuisine. While we enjoy their delicacies, we'll learn about the neighbourhood's rich history and changing character from the local business owners and residents themselves. From artisan cheese and bread shops, Italian pastry stores, cafes with coffee roasters, the oldest Middle Eastern bakery in NYC, and a modern soda fountain, this NYC food tour couldn't get more unique if it tried. The shops and food in this area have been featured in press and TV all around the world, from Australia to France, and is by consensus the best food neighbourhood in NYC. So definitely come hungry
- Return economy class airfare flying with Virgin Australia to New York including prepaid taxes.
- 4 nights accommodation at the 4.5-star Ink48 Hotel; a Kimpton Hotel in a King Room.
- New York Craft Cocktail Tour.
- Neighbourhood Eats: Brownstone Brooklyn.
- Return private vehicle transfers JFK Airport to Manhattan Hotels
Travel departing from:
Adelaide from $3545*
Brisbane from $3429*
Melbourne from $3409*
Perth from $3549*
Sydney from $3425*
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..