Show the love by making your next holiday a domestic one.
The effects of this year’s devastating bushfire season are more far-reaching than you might expect. Neighbouring areas untouched by flames have also been impacted as potential visitors stayed away. These communities thrive on tourism, and not only are they open for business, they need you now more than ever. Your visit can make the world of difference, so why not stay in a boutique hotel, venture to nearby towns, eat delicious food, shop in local businesses and bring home all your favourite foodie finds.
New South Wales
New South Wales has been particularly hard hit by this year’s bushfires. Show your support by heading to one of these areas, where you can support local communities while enjoying scenery and experiences that attract visitors from around the globe.
- One&Only Wolgan Valley
- Spicers Sangoma Retreat
- Fairmont Resort & Spa
- Spicers Vineyard Estate
- Chateau Elan at the Vintage
- Coast Resort Merimbula
- Bangalay Luxury Villas, Shoalhaven
In regional Victoria you can make a difference while enjoying a wide range of holiday experiences. From spa retreats to wine escapes and mountain ranges to coastal delights, the options are almost endless.
- Peppers Mineral Springs, Hepburn Springs
- Yarra Valley Lodge
- Cumberland Lorne Resort
- Jackalope Lodge, Mornington Peninsula
- Walhalla’s Star Hotel, Gippsland
- Bairnsdale International, East Gippsland
- The Esplanade Resort & Spa, Lakes Entrance
While bushfires continue on Kangaroo Island and the Eyre Peninsula, much of the state remains open for business. Get a taste of Outback life, explore the riverlands or sip on world-class wines.
- Mt Lofty House, Adelaide Hills
- The Louise, Barossa Valley
- The Frames, Paringa
- Rawnsley Park Station, Wilpena Pound
- Sea Dragon Lodge & Villas
The process of rebuilding and recovery is underway and a visit here will reward you with fine wines served alongside the wonders of the Granite Belt or tropical rainforest hikes interspersed with charming hinterland towns.
Stanthorpe & Scenic Rim
- 31 The Rocks, Stanthorpe
- Diamondvale Cottages, Stanthorpe
- Vineyard Cottages & Cafe, Ballandean
- Spicers Peak Lodge, Maryvale
- Spicers Hidden Vale, Grandchester
Sunshine Coast & Hinterland
- Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas
- Rumba Beach Resort, Caloundra
- Spicers Clovelly Estate, Montville
- Spicers Tamarind Retreat, Maleny
Gold Coast Hinterland
- O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat, Canungra